Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Avery is here!!!!

Yesterday was an exciting day to say the least! It started out as any normal day would, and then I got a text from my best friend, Erin at about 1 o'clock saying that they were having to do C-section. This caught me extremely off guard because her due date is over 6 weeks away! She has dealt with some blood pressure issues these past few weeks so they have had to monitor that very closely. It was just by the grace of God that she was even at the hospital in the first place. She just happened to have a check up and when they saw her blood pressure, they ran some tests and wanted to keep her at the hospital for a little while. When nothing changed, they told her to call her husband Josh (he was at work becuase it was just a routine visit) and they were going to have to get Avery out. I couldnt imagine what would have been going through my mind if this were my child considering I was a nervous wreck yesterday over someone else's child. But Erin was amazing, and stayed strong through the entire day. Kelly and I left work, and as soon as the elevator doors opened on the 3rd floor of St. Vincents, we saw them pushing her from the OR to her room! I hate that I didnt get to see them move Avery to the NICU, but I am so thankful that I got to see Erin. Their day went from being like any other to becoming extremely terrifying, and then the happiest day of their lives. An absolute roller coaster that I know they will never forget. While I was sitting in the room with her, I couldn't help but think of everything that Erin have been through together. She was my first friend at college--and ended up being my best friend. She was the first person I called after Jordan asked me to marry him 4 years ago. She was the first person to call me when my grandmother passed away to make sure I was ok, and the first person in the door at the funural home. She stood right next to me when I said my vows to Jordan and the next month I stood right next to her when she said hers to Josh. Being there with her 30 minutes after she gave birth to her first child is a feeling that I will never be able to put into words. Although we didnt expect Avery to be here yesterday, God has known for quite some time that yesterday would be the day he would enter this world. Happy birthday Avery Thomas Piper! You are more of a blessing that you will ever know!

No comments: