Monday, March 1, 2010

A Few Things....

I feel like the worst blogger in history, but there has been SO much going on in our lives here lately. First of all, I have been going back and forth to a few doctors over some pretty serious headaches I have been having these past few months. Normally headaches do not sound so serious, but I NEVER had them before....EVER! I didnt even know what a headache felt like until I was an adult so this completely caught me off guard. They were totally disrupting my daily activities and constantly brought me to tears. I couldnt perform my job to the best of my ability, I went to bed early every night because after the headache would go away, I was absolutely DRAINED! It felt like I had just run a marathon or something--I really cant explain it. Needless to say, something had to happen. I went to my regular doctor who referred me to an internist. The internist did some bloodwork and didnt find anything abnormal. They continued, so she referred me to a neurologist. He did an MRI and called me the next day saying that there was some sort of fluid on my temperal lobe and they needed me to come in for a CT Scan. It goes without saying that it scared us more than words can say. We prayed very hard and searched for answers, but hoped for the best. Thankfully, it was nothing serious but unfortunately I have had to resort to a daily medication as of two weeks ago for the headaches. This was the LAST thing that I wanted to do, but I was running out of options. Please continue to pray for Jordan and myself--this medicine does have side effects and they are not all very fun. I am on a very low dosage right now, but they are not completely gone, so the mgs will more than likely get progressively higher until they are under control.

What else? Lets see......my best friend is having her first baby in May and we have been super busy getting everything together for her shower which is THIS month!! yay! It is alot of work, but lots of fun! She is having a little boy whose name will be Avery Thomas and we cant wait to meet him :)

These past two weeks, Jordan and I have both been sick. Jordan came home with the flu the week before last, and I had a horrible stomach virus last week. So on top of everything else, we have also been swapping sicknesses back and forth haha!

My brother and sister in law are getting ready to run their very first full marathon next month in Nashville!!! For those of you who may not know, that is 26.2 miles! We are all going up there to support them--and getting away for a small weekend's vacay will be nice too :) We are so proud of them and wish them all the luck in the world!

Lots more going on in the life of the Justice Family.........I assure you that this is just a small glimpse, but we will save that for a later post :) I hope everyone has a blessed week!

No comments: