Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Just thinking

This week has been unusually slow for me. Working in accounting, this is kind of the "downtime" of the month. Usually I would really love this because it gives me the opportunity to catch up on other things. For some reason, that is not the case this time. I have found it increasingly harder to keep up my attitude during these past two days. I feel less productive and as a result, I feel almost like I am "failing" God. I am not doing anything necessarily different--just not as much. This is normal for me during this time, but this week it is not the same feeling. You always here that an idle mind is the devil's playground. I am starting to see where that quote comes from. I find that I want to go out and do something--make my difference, but cant because I have a 40 hour a week job. 28 days out of the month I am usually so busy I dont have time for anything else, but at least when I get off work I feel like I have done all that I can. I feel so unproductive today but cant do anything about it. Ugh! It can be extremely frusterating. Dont get me wrong, I am so thankful to have a great job that keeps me busy--and wanting to STAY busy..... but this "hurry up and wait" thing is getting to me today and I need some motivation. Lord, please give me strength to seek you in every way--even in the idle moments. Help me to continue on my journey of discovering You and not give up simply because I feel that no progress has been made. May I ALWAYS make progress in You!

No comments: