Friday, January 22, 2010

One day at a time.....

So I get a phonecall yesterday from Jordan asking if I get Friday or Monday off for the 4th of July. I knew this was leading somewhere so I asked why. Of course my inlaws were already planning our beach trip!! Yay! Needless to say I was extatic! I didnt even care which day I was off. It didnt matter to me at all..........I was in :) Now I have got spring fever and find it increasingly difficult to sit in my office. I have had alot of time to think this week-- with work being slow and everything. Now I have even more to think about! I totally understand that this beach trip is months away, but I assure you that doesnt make me ANY less excited about it :)

Jordan always tells me how OCD I am about planning everything out. I really have no idea where I got that from. Neither of my parents are like that at all. It seems to be something that I have just picked up in the last couple of years and I dont know why. Anyway....I constantly set goals for myself--like ALL the time. Two years ago, I was going to lose 20 lbs by our wedding. Well, I lost 30. Then after we got married, I set a goal of spreading out our money for Christmas and started buying gifts in September (when you are a newlywed with only one full time income you kind of have to). Jordan said that people would understand that we couldnt get everyone something that year because we were just starting out. I refused to let that be the case. I wanted everyone in my life to have a present--and they did! It took a couple of gifts per paycheck, but we managed. Now that I have a career going, that wasnt so much of an issue this year. But it's always something with me. My New Years' resolution for 2009 was to get Jordan OUT of school. I didnt care if he had to load up on classes and I had to do them for him. He was graduating--and he did! It definately was NOT easy--and I will be the first to admit that I did my fair share of his school work, but oh well--the end result was the same.........Degree!

Now that I have "turned over a new"....my new goal is for my relationship with God to grow. This week has been a challenging one to say the least. But I have every confidence in the world that I can do it. I have a pretty good track record on sticking to things if I do say so myself :) I have encountered some "heavy" conversations with people that I normally would not talk to about serious subjects with. Normally I tend not to be so forward with my opinions when it comes to religion and politics.... I would say "to each, their own"... I still beleive that when it comes to politics. Those of you who know me well know how I feel about this subject. However I have noticed myself voicing my belief in God more and more these days. It's never been something that I was ashamed of at all. As previously mentioned, I have always known the power of the Lord. But now that my relationship with Him is growing, now that my marriage is stronger, now that I talk to God all the time throughout the day (even if it's just in my head), I feel that Christians have a certain responsibility. I thought about that fact this morning while listening to Rick and Bubba. Those people in Haiti who experienced that terrible tragedy have lived in horrible conditions their entire life. I know that there are missionaries over there, but they have no communication like we do here. What if not everyone is aware of Jesus Christ? Should we just leave it at that? Should we just let it go and only look out for ourselves? Someone has to let them know....someone has to be the ones to step up and spread the word. It has to start somewhere. It doesnt just magically happen. I may not have the means to just pack up and leave to go to Haiti myelf, but my point is that drastic measures are taken by those who beleive. Those people started somewhere. Their Christianity and faith just didnt develop over night. But they got to a point where they knew that they were right with God and took it to the next level by broadening their voice. I would like to say that I would do that one day. I hope I do...For right now, why not just start out small? Sharing your beliefs with an American is just as important as sharing it with anyone else. This is my goal and although it has been difficult, I do think that I have tried my best at it.

So over the weekend I pray that I can continue to do this and Sunday when we are sitting in church, I hope that I can look back over the week and be proud of what I have done. I also hope that I can continue to thrive and grow in the word of God next week. This is a process for me. At this point, I am taking it one day at a time.

No comments: