Monday, January 18, 2010

The weekend

Hello all! This past weekend was unexpectedly extraordinary.... and for no good reason whatsoever. The only thing that was different about this weekend than any other one was my attitude. It was raining for two days straight and we had no plans. This doesn't occur often, so it was SO nice to just enjoy each other's company. We ate breakfast out, went to the movies twice and had some pretty wonderful conversations about nothing particularly special.Yesterday we listened to a wonderful sermon at church about the book of Isiah. I never knew how poetic some chapters in the Bible could be, but this one was amazing in its words and its message. Our preacher spoke about how even when we feel that God is not around, He is.... and He loves us unconditionally even when we do not return the favor. Great lesson! It was a wonderful weekend just to hang out around the house. We rented some movies and played with Roxi and Berklie (Berklie is getting HUGE by the way!)

There were also some times this weekend where things happened that normally would have gotten under my skin just a little. People pulling out in front of me, dropping $80 on Jordan's truck maintenance because he refuses to go anywhere except a dealership ha ha!, running a little late for church, etc. It didn't seem to get to me at all though. I have found that I don't dread Mondays because I have discovered a new way to look at it. It's the beginning of a new week and I get excited to find what God has in store for me. I don't dread the gym because I stopped looking at the calories burned and just began to focus on being healthy. My body is Christ's temple and that seems to be the ultimate motivation for me. These little changes that God has been making in me are adding up and creating a completely different person. I still have so much room for improvement and a LONG way to go; but this past weekend was just more proof of what He can do. I hope everyone had a GREAT Monday!

2 comments:

Mark, Allison, Dylan & Brinley said...

Andrea,
I have enjoyed reading all of your posts about the changes God is leading you to make in your life. It has truly touched me and a lot of the things you have said sound so familiar to me b/c I have felt the same way. I think so many people including myself tend to put Him on the back burner but in the back of their mind they know God is here with them. Thank you so much for sharing! You have made my day and make me want to be a better person! Love you!

Andrea Justice said...

Thank you Allison!!! Yes I definately notice a difference in myself every day.... That means to much to me to hear that from you! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!! Your pics are so cute. Dylan is growing like a weed!